Senior Manufacturing Process Product Engineer
Samtec Optical Group, based in Sunnyvale, CA, is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer/Product Engineer to support its production of highspeed optical transceivers for optical computer interconnects. The successful candidate, a hands-on engineer, will be responsible for all technical aspects related to the manufacturing of optical products including process, testing, tooling, yield improvement, statistical process control andquality.
Samtec is a $500,000,000+ global interconnect company with over 2,000 employees, with a wide range of connectors and cable solution offerings.The Optical Group develops and manufactures an advanced line of extremely highspeed (40Gb/s and up) optical computer interconnect solutions, including Active Optical Cables, Transceivers, and board-to-board Optical connections.
- Support Sunnyvale production facility and operation.
- Manage process development and improvements, including planning and execution of DOEs.
- Ensure and document that equipment and processes are performing within specifications, produce and maintain yield analysis and pareto charts.
- Investigate and fix root cause of line excursions related to process, tooling and/or components.
- Generate and maintain documentation related to processes, tests, tooling and safety.
- Define, schedule and execute equipment preventive maintenance.
- Train, certify, and monitor work of technicians and operators to ensure product quality.
- Support contract manufacturing (overseas and domestic) through means of conference calls inside and outside of normal work hours and occasional travel.
- Release,revise and ensure accuracy of BOMs and Product/Process Routings.
- Work directly with Engineering and vendors on material quality/procurement/second sourcing/qualification and risk mitigation.
- Understand data sheets and specifications. Gap analysis between customer and internal specifications.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years in high speed optoelectronic or equivalent industries.
- Exceptional organizational and tracking skills.
- Demonstrated hands on experience supporting processes, tooling and materials used in the industry.
- The candidate must be self-motivated with excellent verbal and written documentation skills, strong attention to detail, ability to work directly with design engineers and manufacturing personnel.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external entities.
- Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with Telcordia reliability testing of opto -electronic assemblies.